Tellington TTouch is a gentle and unique method of working with both health and behavioural problems in animals.
It includes both bodywork and movement exercises that positively influence behaviour, performance, co-ordination, balance and well-being, while deepening understanding and the relationship between humans and animals.
These, non-invasive touches & exercises influence habitual patterns of tension and posture by giving new information to the nervous system. As a result, animals relax and learn to make better choices.
Developed by internationally known animal expert, Linda Tellington-Jones, TTouch is based on cooperation and understanding rather than dominance. These revolutionary techniques promote optimal performance and health without fear or force.
TTouch ™ – the Tellington-Touch – is a method based on circular movements of the fingers and hands all over the body. The intent of the TTouch is to activate the function of the cells and awaken cellular intelligence – a little like “turning on the electric lights of the body.” The TTouch is done on the entire body, and each circular TTouch is complete within itself.
Therefore it is not necessary to understand anatomy to be successful in speeding up the healing of injuries or ailments, or changing undesirable habits or behaviour.
The Tellington TTouch is a specialized approach to the care and training of our animal companions. Developed by internationally recognized animal expert, Linda Tellington-Jones, this method based on cooperation and respect offers a positive approach to training, can improve performance and health and presents solutions to common behavioural and physical problems. It also helps establish a deeper rapport between humans and animals through increased understanding and more effective communication.
Using a combination of specific touches, lifts, and movement exercises, TTouch helps to release tension and increase body awareness. This allows the animal to be handled without provoking typical fear responses. The animal can then more easily learn new and more appropriate behaviours. By using the TTouch and a variety of other tools, like the Confidence Course, you can assist the animal in experiencing self-confidence in previously frightening situations. Even the most difficult problems are often eliminated. You can also learn how to apply the Tellington TTouch to assist with recovery from illness or injury, or just enhance the quality of your animal’s life.
This gentle method is currently being used by animal owners, trainers, breeders, veterinarians, zoo personnel and shelter workers in several countries. There are many certified practitioners teaching TTouch around the world who can show you how to help you with your dog, cat or other pet.
When would one use the Tellington TTouch?
- For Improving behaviour or temperament
- For an older animal that is in pain [i.e. arthritis, hip dysplasia, etc.]
- For mobility problems
- To Help injuries and surgery to heal more quickly
- To deepen the bond between you and your pet
- To improve your pet’s confidence, balance, agility or performance
- If your animal is fearful of thunderstorms and loud noises
- If your animal is getting near the end of its life and you’d like to do something to alleviate the pain and help in the passing.
The TTouch Philosophy
- To honour the role of animals as our teachers.
- To bring awareness to the importance of animals in our lives.
- To encourage harmony, cooperation and trust between humans and animals and among humans.
- To recognize the individual learning process of every human and animal.
- To respect each animal as an individual.
- To teach interspecies communication through the TTouch.
- To work with animals using understanding instead of dominance.
TTouch is not meant to be used as a substitute for veterinary care!